Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chihuly II

I am a huge fan of Dale Chihuly.  I have worked with glass before and I am attracted to the beauty of the glass itself, and it's ability to shape light into amazing colors and patterns.  I love saturated colors and I tend to gravitate to shades of blue and green.

Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids is having an exhibition of Dale Chihuly's work, which is running through September.  I visited the exhibition yesterday, and had the opportunity to see some of his work.  I would have to say that the work, and the way it was displayed was amazing.  The sculptures lend themselves well to being integrated in natural settings.

Although I had my camera,  my walk around lens, and my zoom lens, I definitely want to go back with some extra equipment to photograph some of the outside displays again.











This sculpture looks as though it belongs here!










It takes good glass to photograph good glass!











No comments:

Post a Comment